Beginning in September 1952 as "Cottage Prayer Meetings," the community of Nixa, at that time, had a population of 570. Renting a house on the corner of Mt. Vernon and Market Streets for $30 a month, the church grew to an average attendance of 55, reaching a high of 63.
Two lots were purchased for $950 at the corner of Mt. Vernon and Main with ground breaking for a new building on October 17, 1954. The new building was 32' x 48' in size. J. Dan Woodall was pastor until September 30, 1956.
In 1963 Wilbur Blansit became pastor of Nixa Assembly of God. In 1978 church growth made it necessary to construct a larger building. The new sanctuary was 100' x 127' with a seating capacity of 500.
In 1993, Wilbur Blansit retired with a passing of the mantle service to Don Blansit, who was then the co-pastor. The church continued to grow and a new sanctuary was built in October 2005 with a seating capacity of more than 800, with a name change to Nixa First Assembly.
Nixa First Assembly celebrated twenty years of service with Senior Pastors, Don and Marquita Blansit, in June 2013.